First up, I finally finished making some cute little curtains for the lower part of my office's built-in bookshelves. Now I can hide all my sewing stuff and porn.
Next is the cozy winterization of this table in our living room. It looks fine like this in the summertime, but seems chilly in the winter. I'd already made a nice little Ballard-esque burlap tablecloth, but today I decided to create a topper out of an old paisley shawL.
This was the hardest part, cutting into the shawL. (rotating the picture also didn't go so well) Liz and I spent a lot of time scrutinizing it, and finally decided on the best method to leave the most useable remains. I should be able to get a runner (or something else long and skinny) and a small pillow out of the scraps. There was, however, a small wasted piece, probably due to too-obsessive measuring. But Amber talked me through it and we agreed there's just no use in crying over spilt paisley.
The final product! I'm so pleased with how it turned out. It actually looks better in person than in the photo where it appears slightly droopy... But anyway! Pottery Barn is selling the same thing, except mine is the genuine real deal and cost a whole lot less. Ha! I win!
Lastly, I also decided to finally tackle the Belgian tapestry situation. I bought this piece a long time ago, planning to make a wall hanging for my previous house. Alas, there were some flaws (ink and some cuts) that drove me crazy every time I looked at them. So I cut all the flaws out and made a pillow! Ta-da! And I used up some of my vintage buttons holding it closed so I could also preserve the furry little edge detail. For bonus points, I stuffed it with another old pillow instead of buying a new one, something which pleases my frugal husband no end.