Friday, November 24, 2006

Day 24: Early Bird Shopping?

Ah, tradition! At yesterday's turkey feast, as expected, I was asked four times by three different people (some paying more attention to answers than others) if I'd be getting up bright and early today to hit the big sales and start on my Christmas shopping. "The stores open at five, you know." As if this were an incentive.

First of all, I resent the implication that I might not have already begun Giftmas shopping. I believe it "counts" if one of Ken's birthday gifts I'd forgotten to give him was re-assigned as Christmas, does it not? The picture above is more my reality, although with the addition of a dog begging for my one cookie (behind the teacup; you can't see it) and a certain child repeatedly requesting a ride somewhere. Furthermore, the Friday after Thanksgiving kicks off another tradition in our family: Mommy procrastinating putting up the tree.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Speaking of shopping, do you have a "wish list", found it very helpful last year...and I spent yesterday doing pretty much as you, with the exception of tea and kids wanting a ride somewhere.

Mom aka Toni said...

By the way, I got a mysterious email this morning from "Sandy", giving me her height and weight and asking if I would like to chat? Could this be Ken's Nata aka Sandy?

Ellie said...

Did I ask you if you were getting up at 5? I got up about 8.... never did hit the stores. Decided I'd leave room for Kathy who was planning on a 7 a.m. arrival.

Lizzie! said...

Mum... you forgot to mention that you'd be borrowing my laptop so you can sit in your purple chair, with purple clothes and shoes and a purple ottoman (?).