Monday, November 20, 2006

Day 20: The Second 10 Things About Me

11. I (try to) always have fresh flowers in my house.

12. I've only had truly long hair once in my life and couldn't deal with it.

13. I was born with a congenital hip displacement. I had surgery and wore a brace as a baby and now I'm strangely flexible.

14. I had Ritter's Disease, a rare staph infection when I was in kindergarten. I was hospitalized for 11 days, part of it in quarantine. All of my skin fell off and it was very painful.

15. I had my tonsils surgically removed while I was in 2nd grade. I was bitterly disappointed that no one told me it was going to hurt so much and that I wouldn't be able to eat, much less want, all that ice cream they'd been promising me.

16. I won a school-wide writing contest when I was in 5th grade. I came in 2nd in 6th grade.

17. My tastes keep changing so I feel it's only fair to give foods I think I don't like second chances. I now enjoy: green beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, artichokes, asparagus, olives, papaya, dark chocolate, etc. And I still hate pizza.

18. I have an excellent internal clock while sleeping and can usually will myself to wake up whenever I want to. The key is I have to want to.

19. I have a terrible internal clock while awake. I'm a very poor estimator of elapsed time, how long a task will require, drive times, etc.

20. I wear perfume and lipstick every day.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Did you know that the reason your tastes change is that your taste buds begin to wear out? Children have very sensitive taste buds which is why they are often so picky. I heard that somewhere...seemed reasonable enough so I've chosen to pass it on as fact every opportunity I get. :)

Lexi said...

Internal clock challenged? So that's why you occasionally flake on a PBG. OK. You're forgiven even if we do count on you for the more sophisticated humor (and roasted garlic).

Shelby's Mum said...

No, Lexi. It's my internal clock challenge that makes me late for PBG. It's my refusal to walk away from an argument that makes me flake on attendance. My priorities have been adjusted and it will NEVER happen again.

Lizzie! said...

numbers 10 through 15 are not happy.
not good. although, it is interesting.

Shelby's Mum said...

Nope, and I wasn't happy about them either. :)