Monday, November 13, 2006

Day 13: Charmed

This morning I came around the corner, into the frozen food aisle at Trader Joe's, already having a bad day. Things started looking up immediately, as soon as I saw him, standing there beside his cart. He was gorgeous. He had ruffled blond hair and the most beautiful, dark souful eyes I've ever seen. He had on cute little cargo pants and a bright yellow rain slicker. His hands were folded neatly in front of him as he quietly surveyed the frozen food aisle situation.

He was exactly the kind I always find wildly attractive. I wanted to stare at him openly for the next 20 minutes or so, just to drink in every adorable inch of him. But that seemed rude; too forward. I allowed myself to steal only quick glances in his direction and timidly offered him a few small, friendly smiles. He obviously found me equally fascinating, such was the way his eyes brazenly followed me the entire time I pretended to peruse the frozen pies and cakes.

Finally I had dawdled long enough and I had to move further down the aisle. As I approached, keenly aware of him already, he did the most unexpected thing. He took one step neatly backwards, closer to his mother's cart, and bent fully at the waist while gesturing broadly with one outstretched palm in the universally recognized "after you, m'lady" gesture. I'd never seen a three year old do that before and was utterly charmed by him as I passed by and mouthed a silent "thank you."

No comments: