Sunday, November 12, 2006

Day 12: From My Husband's Email

Like most people involved in trusting, stable love relationships that are totally going to make it long-term, I obsessively snoop around in my husband's computer every chance I get, searching for any suspicious looking email correspondence. Oh? You think that's silly? Insecure? Oh, really now? Like you've never done it?! And! The other day? I found this:

From: "Nata"
To: Ken
Subject: for

Hi

I was looking for jobs on the internet and came across your profile on careerbuilder and thought I would contact you since I don't have anyone else in the USA. I will be coming to the USA in about 2 weeks and would like to make friends with you. I will let you know more information about myself and I will reply back to you with some of my pictures. If you agree then message me back, I'll be waiting. Hope you don't mind. Don't reply back to this email. Make sure you message me to my personal email address (hussy put her personal email address here) only, since I am using public email to send you this message.

by the way, I am a girl and people say I am good looking

Lots of kisses!

Hopefully your new girl friend

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF???

Shelby's Mum said...

See? That's what I thought.

Lizzie! said...

there's a space between the words 'Girl' and 'Friend'. she might not have a full mastery on the language, or she wants to be a friend. who knows???

Amber said...

But more importantly - was there a REPLY to this message???

Ken said...

This email goes in my collection of interesting phishing solicitations. A few years back we got one of those classic Nigerian letters in the mail requesting assistance getting funds out of the country. Quite frankly, I'm not sure how the letter managed to get to our house since the numbers and wording were virtually random on the poorly-written address.

Oooops, look at the time! Gotta go. Picking up Nata at the airport...

Tanya said...

My name is Tanya, and I found your blog by googling a few words from a recent e-mail I received.

It seems that Nata wants to be *MY* girl friend too. She sent me the exact same message, worded the same way. Sent her picture too. If it's really her, then Nata is a little hottie. Row.

Anyway, I'm gonna take a chance and throw my email addy at you, just in case you would like to get a copy of Nata's email to me. Feel free to drop me a line if you have questions about what I received. Hopefully by doing this, my address won't be slammed by every con on the net, but I wanted to know that it isn't anything you or your hubby did... ummm... Nata gets around.
-Tanya
heathen72@comcast.net