Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Day 1: NaBloPoMo

Hi there! Remember me? Your hostess? Yes! I'm baaaaaaack. Soon enough I'll get into all the details of where I've been, what I've been doing, and what it all means. Because honey, I am all about what it all means. The thing I'm delighted to share with you right now is NaBloPoMo, which is National Blog Posting Month. You are so excited!

NaBloPoMo is an online pact made with my imaginary blogging chums, that we will all post daily in November. Every. Day. Even on weekends!
So I'll be posting something on here every single darn day in November. It might be an actual written thing, like a story, an essay, a confession, a drunken confession, a dirty joke, a good recipe, interesting/adorable photos, or if you're really lucky, a dirty drunken confession essay with photos. There's no telling how desperate I'll get!

I'm looking forward to getting my shitty first drafts together and hitting the 'Publish Post' button a lot more often. After all, I started this thing so I would write more. Now this, this should get me writing more. I do feel the need to caution you somewhat and mention that perhaps the "quality" you are by now accustomed to enjoying here at Shelby's Mum might become just a wee tad tiny bit compromised, but only ever so slightly.

Like for example, take this paragraph right here, the one I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what it says because Emily keeps interrupting me every 8 seconds. These are just the kind of distractions I am going to learn how to recover from this month. The distractions are going to happen anyway and so I might as well make peace with them, right? Or does anyone know of a good Sleep Away Camp For Inquiring Children With Whiny-Ass Dogs And Talkative Fathers?

Yes, but it's very expensive? Okay, send me the brochure anyway. Until then... See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your daily blogs..I have missed them.

Have Ken and Emily take the dog for lonnnnng walks and day camp won't cost a thing.

Shelby's Mum said...

Only if they can get her to ride in the wagon. She's too old and disinterested in walks now... especially long walks, which she defines as anything further than our next-door neighbor's driveway.

Ken said...

I'm just happy to be classified as a "Talkative Father" and the dog was labelled with the "Whiny-Ass" moniker. Phew!