Wednesday, October 25, 2006

How To Charm Me:

Ken sent me an article from The Michigan Today News he knew I'd like, because he's sweet & thoughtful that way. It was about the words "girl" and "woman" and how these terms are no longer confused by men who know what's good for them.

Another interesting bit:

An outgrowth of “Renaissance Festivals” is the International Wenches Guild, and those who join receive a pewter pin and a membership card. They've even come up with a phrase based on the idea that wench is an acronym: “Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness.”

Yes, please.

2 comments:

Aunt Allyson said...

Women Entitled to Nothing but Complete Happiness.... I love it. Hey, count me in too.

(I have always secretly liked the word wench. Kinda sexy, fun and bad all rolled into one.)

You know it seems like many years ago I knew someone who was called a wench, and was paid for it too. Yeah, Sasa... who was that?

Shelby's Mum said...

Yeah, I worked the Renaissance Festival way back in the olden days.

I'm quite pleased to be a Wench again, even though this time I'm not getting paid. Although I'm also not slogging through mud up past my ankles!