Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Things Only A Mother Would Say

"Get your feet off my painting right now." Said to the child lolling on the sofa, rubbing her feet on my dead grandmother's painting which is now mine. A sentimental family heirloom. Rubbing it. With her feet.

"Don't get jelly on the dog!" Said to the child quickly throwing together a sandwich with such wild & carefree abandon she was sending large globs of grape jelly flying around the kitchen. Guess who?

"Who the hell melted my skinny cows?!" Said to the household population at large. Okay, yelled. With derision. It could have been any one of them. The kids are jealous I have them in the first place, and Ken has also exhibited marked hostility towards my only diet dessert item because they cost $4. Now they are all misshapen and the texture is totally screwed up.

And still I carry on. Because I love.

12 comments:

Aunt Allyson said...

Oh no... not the butterfly painting??? Emily!

Skinny Cows huh? I'll have to get some. Seen em, never tried em. Cute packaging too.

Shelby's Mum said...

Yes, the butterfly painting. That child!!

Skinny Cows are yummy. Good enough to enjoy one, but not so fabulous as to be tempted to eat them all.

Lexi said...

I also find a peculiar attraction to diet desserts among the ridiculously skinny people in my house. Starbucks low fat latte is a fabulous coffee ice cream -- unfortunately half the calaries of regular starbucks or Ben & Jerry's is still way more than is good for you. If people would stop taking mine I'd make a quart last for weeks!

If you cut the ice cream sandwiches in half when you bring them home you can have something sweet after every meal.

Lizzie! said...

To defend: did the feet actually touch the painting?
No
Why was she rushing?
I believe yo told her to go to a friends house,but eat something first.
How did they melt????

Aunt Allyson said...

You GO Liz! Sticking up for your sister... this is a good sign.

Shelby's Mum said...

Lizzie? Are you actually defending your sister????

Lizzie! said...

Thanks Al!
I think I might just be defending her.
There's other freaky grossnes on the dog's neck. I think it's cheese.

Shelby's Mum said...

Shelby also appears to have some peanut butter on her head, on her bangs. If she had bangs...

Thanks, Lexi! Great idea to cut the ice cream sandwiches in half. :)

concernd reader said...

what happened to the BLOG????
Why is it all white and not dotted????
Aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Shelby's Mum said...

Concerned reader, please relax. Breathe! I'm trying out a new look for the blog, that's all. Do you like it?

Anonymous said...

Where are those skinny cows? I've been looking at Busche's in the yogurt section, but they are not there.

Shelby's Mum said...

Skinny Cow is a brand name, and she (an actual skinny and rather glamorous cow) makes delicious low fat and non-fat frozen treats. I recommend the chocolate & vanilla sandwiches as well as the fudge pops. ALthough Liz did helpfully point out that regular fudge pops have almost no fat and the smaller ones have fewer calories than the Skinny Cow version. *ahem*

At the Green Rd. Busch's they are located at the end of the ice cream aisle, across from the wine area. So there's plenty of temptation right there, but trust me, the Skinny Cows are worth it. Enjoy!