Tuesday, April 25, 2006

THAT'S GOING ON THE BLOG

How often have I said that? More than a few times. Yes, I realize it's manipulation. You got a problem with that? Well, do you? I didn't think so. Maybe if you had a better idea what I'm dealing with, you'd understand.

Lisa: (peacefully paying bills & enjoying music)
Ken: (walking into my office again, already talking) Something, something, blah, blah, blah.... and what the hell are you listening to?
Lisa: What?
Ken: It's 9:30 and the recruiter didn't call. She said she would call at 9:00!!
Lisa: I'm sorry. I know, it's not very professional of her.
Ken: Yeah, and Venkat called and said [a whole lotta stuff].
Lisa: He's the one who meditates.... mmm... I like him.
Ken: Uh, yeah. And [Way. More. Talking.]
Lisa: Honey, would you please get me some Tylenol?
Ken: You can't get it?
Lisa: I'd really prefer if you would.
Ken: Why can't you just do it?
Lisa: Because if you go, then the talking will stop and I'll get Tylenol.
Ken: (goes, comes back with blessed elixir)
Lisa: Thank you. Now, would you please look through your mail pile for...
Ken: Can't. I gotta take a shitter.*
Lisa: That's going on the blog.
Ken: No it's not. You always say that but don't put anything on there.
Lisa: (typing)

* Note to Ricky: I'm sorry. I know your delicate sensibilities are offended by this language. Unfortunately, that is exactly what he said. I'm not covering for his potty mouth any longer. Yes, his mother reads this.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I GLAD to hear that it's not just MY husband that needs to announce when he's going to empty his bowels. Gotta be a man thing.
(I remain anonymous, because while he's not alone in his announcements, I am horrified & embarrassed nonetheless.)

david said...

Next time Ken, say "I've got to see the man."

And is that the same recruiter you told be about the other night? Fire her a##, the bit##!

Anonymous said...

I am shocked at Ken.

Anonymous said...

Was there another comment previously that has been deleted? Something from (apparently) a woman commenting how Lisa should be happy about Ken wanting to talk regardless of how he says things? Is this censorship right here in America? Land of free speech? I sense something sinister afoot here...

Anonymous said...

Yup, that was (apparently) your previous post.

Anonymous said...

Nope! I did not post said original post that was mysteriously deleted! I posted the post 2 above about the earlier post being missing and then posted this post to correct the previous post!

If only I could work eating Post cereal while standing next to a post into this thread post haste, my life would be complete...

Shelby's Mum said...

To Anon. #3: You got it, baby. This is censorship at its absolute finest. Welcome to my blog, where I am queen and can delete any comments I don't like. XO

Aunt Allyson said...

Dam straight Lisa.

(It was a random, very bitter,to much time on her hands woman who stumbled in and decided to rant....anonymously, of course.)