Friday, April 07, 2006

Face It: She's Just Not That Into You

Dear Cell Phone Caller,

I'll be as gentle as I can with this. Dude, you have the wrong number, okay? Tracy does not live here. She doesn't want to talk to you, see? She gave you the wrong number. I know because it's MINE, the number you keep calling. I am not now, nor have I ever been Tracy; neither am I harboring her.

I know, I know... it seemed pretty special at the time didn't it? It sounds like you guys really hit it off, too. Maybe it was just the moment, though. The two of you were sparking and she gave you "her" number and I'll just bet you said "I'll call you." Didn't you? Didn't you? Well, of course you did. Guys like you always say that. Kudos though, for actually calling this time. Calling six times in one afternoon however, might be considered just a wee tad bit excessive. (Especially since the nice lady on the other end keeps saying you have the wrong number.) Some women are really into that kind of uh, attention, though. It makes them feel all desirable and pretty... But you know, I am not here to judge. You say persistant; I say stalker. Whatever. We'll probably never know. Besides, it's a cell phone, so I'm not worried.

One last thing. I can tell from your voice (and the many times we've spoken today!) that you are a very special fella. Just remember there are plenty of ladies out there who will appreciate you for who you really are. Tracy never really "got you" anyway, ya know? Her loss. Let her go. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Take care now,
Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the first 5 times I can understand.....it's that sixth try that makes this disturbing...