Saturday, February 04, 2006

Coolio Decoder For Non-Coolio Parents

This morning, while waiting in line at Bob Evan's with my Mack, I saw a sign that said 'Soothe Your Soul, Meatloaf and Gravy.' I thought, hmmm... for rizzle? I don't mean any disrespect or intend to diss on Bob, but that sign is totally wack. Bob Evans needs to represent.

Didn't understand the above? That used to be me, too, until I discovered www.urbandictionary.com which has virtually saved my relationship with my teenaged daughter. No, not really. But we did have a lot of fun looking up the foreign language/slang terms she hears in the hallways at school. Finally we know what that one boy really means when he calls that other girl laffy taffy...

The small print: Warning! Urban dictionary is highly addictive. And hysterically funny. Urban dictionary contains some highly profane content. Urban dictionary is not recommended for the faint of heart. Urban dictionary is not for children, or anyone who would whine about the judicious use of 'the F word' or similar. Urban dictionary should not be used as a substitute for medical attention. Shelby's Mum and her subsidiaries are not to be held responsible or liable for spilled, inhaled or sputtered coffee. Thank you.

No comments: