Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Liz: I don't understand pie crust.
Lisa: Oh?
Liz: First you eat the top off the pie.
Lisa: The topping? Like whipped cream?
Liz: Yes. Then you eat the middle part & the crust.
Lisa: Right. The filling & the crust.
Liz: So you eat all the way across and then BAM! Run right into a wall!
Lisa: Of pie crust?
Liz: Yeah! Then what do you do? I don't get that.

I played it cool... didn't say anything else... I didn't tell Liz that I've probably spent just as much time thinking about this very subject, pie crust incongruity, when I was a kid. Oh, yeah. Right. Who am I kidding?! I've spent way more time thinking about this than she has because I'm an adult and obviously I'm still thinking about it. Pie just doesn't work out! There is always too much crust; a veritable surplus of crust, if you will. Don't get me started on double-crust pies either, because that is just asking for trouble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...same thing about ice cream cones....why?

I want a pie filled with ice cream, without the crust.

Oh yeah, I'm a rebel.