Thursday, November 10, 2005

Wrapper Lust


Did you know Tori Spelling grew up in a house that has its own gift wrapping room? I don't know how I know that, but I do. Or maybe I made it up and now I think it's true. Anyhoo... access to a gift wrapping room is the only reason I'd ever be jealous of her. Or her parents, since I suppose the gift wrapping room probably belongs to them, but still. My giftwrap wrapping paper gift tag tissue paper ribbon & bows area is a disaster. That's to say nothing of my tangled sea of gift bags...

I decided in about April that I wanted to organize the whole mess by getting one of those Rubbermaid wrapping paper organizing things like my sister has. I liked hers because it holds a bunch of rolls of paper and it has a little storage area for bows and tape. Cool. Except I couldn't find one in April because no one sells it at that time of year because apparently no one wraps gifts in the spring? "They" only sell wrapping paper organizers during this part of the year, as Giftmas approaches. (I call it that now, Giftmas instead of Christmas because that is certainly how it can start to feel if one is inclined towards that direction. I wish I could take credit for coining the term Giftmas, but I ganked it from another blogger. (gank is a blog term for stealing something clever or amusing off another blog)). I've had to wait months to buy myself a Rubbermaid thing. Now that we are well into November, if they haven't already, then Target (for example) should be putting a bunch of those babies out on the shelves any day now.

I went online to see if it was time to run out to get my organizing thingy when, just this close to realizing my dream, I ran across something else. (see photo at top). May I introduce the elfa Gift Wrap Cart? Not only does it handle the paper situation and have a place for bows and tape, but there are special spaces designated for scissors, ribbons, a shelf for tissue paper and, god help me, drawers and hooks for gift bags. The best part is the clean flat surface on the top, positioned at the exact perfect height, where the actual wrapping of my gifts could happen all with the greatest of ease, just like at Tori's parents' house. Imagine how organized I could be if I had this thing! The one little catch is that it costs TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS. Actually, it costs more than that, what with shipping & sales tax, which means I'm probably not going to be getting my very own elfa fantasy wrapping cart anytime soon. That is, unless Ken or I become successful TV producers.

4 comments:

Jane said...

I thought Tori was Jewish. They don't DO Giftmas. They do Lootikah.

Aunt Allyson said...

Hmmm... this is your sister with the rubbermaid paper holder. The pic above does look pretty cool, minus the price. Don't feel too bad as it lookes like it only holds 6-8 rolls and the gift on top is small. This is where you wrap? This area is to small to roll out the roll paper. I suppose you could cut the paper on the floor and then stand up and use the wrap space (if it is a small package) but this isn't my idea of fun. I would just get one or two of the rubbermaid containers and warp on the table. By the way the container store carries them year round.

Shelby's Mum said...

LOL Jane!

Shelby's Mum said...

Allyson. Come on. Do you not see the super-flat tissue paper area, just like in a store? And yes, the elfa looks to only hold 6-8 rolls of giftwrap (which is what I'd call if I had this). What excellent motivation to declutter my giftwrap area! And? It all matches! Oh, how I love when everything matches!