Tuesday, November 15, 2005

No More Should

I was just thinking I should write a post, add something here to the ol' blog... and then I took issue with myself for telling me I should do something. I mean, who do I think I am, anyway, talking to me like that? I read somewhere how the word should creates...blame? shame? Something bad like that. Should is not a loving-kindness type of word. Buddhists never say should. Ever hear that little saying about how we are allowed to hate one person? (Buddhists probably don't go along with this part...) I think it'd be wise, at least for me, to go right ahead and allow myself to hate one word too. From now on, until further notice, my hated word is should. No more should! Should sucks and I hate should. And your little dog too!

7 comments:

Aunt Allyson said...

Yes. I should say so. :o)

My therapist doesn't approve of should either. I agree with both of you.

Joan said...

You hate my little dog too?

Shelby's Mum said...

Not your little dog. Your little dog is the bestest little dog ever. Especially when he throws a party because Lisa's Here! Lisa's Here!

It's just me he does that for, right?

Anonymous said...

You don't even hate the dog when he shreds up your TP??

Shelby's Mum said...

I was a little chagrined when the little dog in question shredded up my TP. And my own darling Shelby did the same thing when she was the little dog's age, except she shredded up a big pile of photographs. Oh, yes she did. If I forgave the photos, I can easily forgive TP!

Lizzie! said...

i don't own a dog.

SHE DID WHAT?!?!?!?!? ( shelb w/ photos)

Shelby's Mum said...

When she was a puppy & before you were born, Shelby chewed up a whole grocery-sized bag full of photos. Bad dog! Bad dog!