Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Housekeeping Tit, Err, Tip

Sooo... I found a great way to motivate myself to clean the house! This morning after checking on my own blog, I clicked the harmless-looking little button that says 'next blog.' Have you tried it? A few people have mentioned how this is a fun thing to do because "it's pretty amazing what's out there." I only allow myself one 'next blog' hit so I don't sit here all day reading blogs. Because that would be wrong. One time the 'next blog' was a Japanese teenager who really wants an Adidas wallet... Another time the blog was in some other language and I couldn't understand it or even decide what the language was...

This morning's 'next blog' was so random I couldn't figure out what it was. It said... something... but then it changed... and... I don't know. So I reasoned that one didn't count and I'd just click the 'next blog' button one more time. That's when I found Slutty Sally, the whore who blogs e-v-e-r-y-thing. I didn't realize what it was right away, of course. I just noticed that it was in English and the spelling looked pretty good, so I started reading it... and looking at the pictures... and then I couldn't stop because not only is Sally really really slutty, she's also a pretty good writer. But then Oh. My. Gawd. I went too far (no such thing for Sally!) and I could feel trauma starting to set in. I told myself it was definitely time to walk away.

The next thing I knew I was downstairs maniacally organizing my cookbooks and scrubbing out the already-clean microwave and sorting & doing laundry with new & amazing vigor, all just as fast as I possibly could with thoughts passing through my head of clean, clean, clean, must clean, must make it all cleeeeeean...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the blog, how do we get there?

Shelby's Mum said...

Why do you ask? Is your house really messy too?