Monday, October 24, 2005

Gettin' Comfable

We have these neighbors, see, and they walk right into my house. They just walk right in! They know the door is unlocked and usually their kids are in here when they do it. They sort of do the knock-knock-open-door-knock-knock-"hello"-walk-right-in-as-one-motion thing. It's kind of like Kramer except they don't head straight for the fridge, just the candy corn. The amazing part is? I don't hate it at all. In fact, I like it. Now. If you've known me for a long time you will be just as amazed at this earth-shattering development as I am. It's not so amazing that these people walk into my house, but that I let them and that I like it. I'm actually quite happy to see them too, standing there in the foyer looking around for their offspring and the dish of candy corn. Oh, and their dog does the same thing! If the door is left wide open, which my darlings are wont to do on a fairly regular basis, he just waltzes right in to visit with us and say Howdy. Maybe he's heard about the candy corn? I guess we've lived here long enough to be that comfortable. We've all seen each other's pajamas and heard each other yell at our kids anyway so... come on in! No secrets left with you people!

6 comments:

Susan, of course said...

Hmmm...I really like candy corn, maybe I'll have to stop by more often...

Anonymous said...

Remember, that particular situation got a little out of hand for me.... be careful if they start asking for a hug EVERY day!

Anonymous said...

And the next time I walk in, I expect something a little more nourishing than candy corn! ;-)

anonymous # 3 said...

Candy Corn's GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina said...

Candy corn? Bah Humbug (oops, wrong holiday). Call me when there is chocolate or marzipan. or roasted garlic

Shelby's Mum said...

so far only the dog wants hugs, but I'll be on the lookout. Thanks for the tip, anonymous!