Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Feeling Trashy & Shallow

Today is trash pickup day in my neighborhood, so every house put their identical city-issued trash can out at the curb. My older daughter commented it looks like a scene out of The Giver, a book she read in school, where everything is state-issued and exactly the same. Totally different, my dear. Ours came from the city. Anyway, the part I didn't discuss with her is that Hot Neighborhood Dad was also putting his recycling out, which is good news. The bad news is what he chose to wear while doing it. It's far too shallow for me to discuss his "outfit" here. I feel bad enough thinking about it. On the other hand, our relationship is already just about as shallow as it can possibly get. He does get points for creativity, though...

No comments: